A development team plays a crucial role in every organization. They are responsible to perform planning, testing, analysis, programming, and many other activities of a website/app/product. Hence, hiring a good development team is crucial as it is the backbone of any successful application.
Hiring the wrong development team can cost you time and money, which can hinder your growth. Making a wrong decision can cost you more than that – and your customers may hesitate to visit your website/app or use your product.
There is a lot of pressure on recruiters – particularly on those who are from a non-technical background. From conducting coding tests to onboarding, the hiring process has many elements and just as many chances for failure.
However, there is a way for non-technical recruiters to increase the efficiency of hiring a technical team for an organization. If you are one who belongs to a non-techie background, the only thing you need to do is to follow the right approach and the best hiring hacks.
In this article, we will discuss the best tips on how you can increase hiring efficiency when hiring a technical team for your organization. Without any further adieu, let’s dive in.
Streamline Your Hiring Process
First and foremost, you need to improve your recruiting practices by eliminating the time-consuming steps. Here are some easy ways to do so:
- Build Checklists For Standard Processes: A checklist will help you plan your hiring process. Use them to prepare for interviews, conduct a coding skills screening test, and calls to ensure you have all the relevant information you need before connecting with an ideal candidate.
- Eliminate Unimportant Steps: It is crucial to update the interview process to better know the reality of today’s panorama.
- Check References: Consider checking references for all of your top candidates so you can extend an offer to your first-choice right away.
Use All Available Job-Seeking Resources
Leveraging recruiting sites to get a summary of daily new vacancies and available candidates to avoid missing any potential candidate is the right approach.
Additionally, using social media platforms is the best way to hire candidates for any particular role. According to Socially Recruited, 79% of job applicants use social media for job search. Some ways to grab the candidate’s attention across various social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) include:
- Focus On The Employer Brand: Building a strong employer brand not only reduces employee turnover by 28% but also attracts these candidates to your company over others. Research says that more than 70% of applicants are likely to apply for a job if the employer actively manages its brand by responding to reviews, updating the company’s profile, and sharing the work culture and environment.
- Use relevant hashtags to get your account and your post to get a good reach.
- Keep social media posts simple and jargon-free.
Use Tools To Reduce Bias And Increase Efficiency
A great part of your recruitment process can be automated. To save time and boost the hiring efficiency, you can:
- Use software to conduct coding assessments with proctor controls
- Re-discover tools to help you re-engage former candidates.
- Use chatbots to boost engagement with new candidates.
With the introduction of new technologies emerging daily, there will be an AI-based hiring tool that can be used to automate screening, optimizing selection, and eliminating bias from the recruitment process.
Write Effective Job Descriptions
Writing to the point and precise job descriptions is the best practice. When listing job vacancies, mention the tasks that your new hire may undertake or teams they will work with.
Focus on what your company can do for potential employees, and you’ll attract candidates who better fit your organization’s needs.
Use An Automated Test System
Offering consistent tests to all new job seekers to assess their skills is the best recruitment approach. With an automated test system, you will get an idea about the skills and experience of a candidate. From hostesses to engineers, tests are suitable for all positions.
Use A New Approach To Discovering Talent
Candidate-focused job listings look great on candidate-focused job boards. If job sites and Facebook advertisements are not an option, then you can leverage the power of LinkedIn – which is the best source for discovering job seekers that fit your needs.
Besides using LinkedIn and paid ads, great opportunities can be discovered on networking events as well, but there’s an even better offline approach to talent recruitment – employee referrals.
Your employees know about the work environment and the culture, so there are better equipped for talent recruitment than existing employees.
Keep Optimizing Your Onboarding Program
Selection is not the last step in hiring a technical team. Your employer’s brand depends on your compliance to help new hires work in a new environment and get used to day-to-day tasks and responsibilities. This process is called onboarding.
As a recruiter, you must know that the onboarding process should not be rushed. In contrast, it should be a continual practice.
Undoubtedly, hiring the right candidate is crucial for an organization’s success. As a recruiter, the hiring process might seem time-consuming, expensive, and prone to failure. But, with the tips we mentioned above, the hiring process will become easy for you even if you come from a non-technical background.
Also, if you keep following and improving these recruiting strategies, your hiring success rate will ultimately go through the roof.