Undoubtedly, the COVID-19 pandemic has brought severe changes in the corporate world. Today, remote hiring is not unusual anymore. As a recruiter, you can use many collaboration tools for remote hiring to enhance overall productivity.
Actually, remote work would be impossible without the availability of various collaborative tools. They ensure better time management and allow you to efficiently keep track of your employees’ performance.
As a recruiter from a non-tech background, it may be daunting for you to find the best tools for recruiting and managing developer teams. It takes time to find the right tools to hire and manage remote teams and may involve trial and error to get the best remote tools in place.
However, there are lots of tools available in the market today. In fact, they are too many. So, we will discuss some of the best to build great developer teams based on their usage.
Let’s start with video conferencing tools that can be used for both hiring and managing the development team. These tools give the feeling of sitting in the same room and working at the same place.
Zoom is one of the most prominent corporate communication tools which offers screen-sharing and file-transfer features. It’s available for smartphones, tablets, desktops, computers, and is very streamlined overall. According to Backlinko, Zoom mobile app was downloaded 485 million times in 2020 and was awarded as the ‘app of the year’ in 2020. 8 out of 10 recruiters use Zoom for pre-employment assessment for candidates.
- Supports large audience
- It’s free
- Scalable for small, medium, and large business
- Zoombombing is a new occurrence on the platform that results in unwanted individuals breaking a conference call.
- Zoom is not the platform that supports 4k video and HD video quality (1080p)
- As zoom has a lot of customization, it does lack one very important feature: the ability to delete improper comments on the fly.
Skype is a serviceable messenger – which is free to use. Its free version makes it a great budget remote team management tool loved by millions of remote working employees. It also integrated with Office 365, enabling users to comment on documents or connect via instant message within the online environment.
- To deliver a presentation, arrange a conference call, or set up instant messaging between partners who are co-writing a document, Skype and Office 365 are bringing innovation and interactivity to the company.
- If you use Skype, you will have the best possible platform for document sharing, conference calls, and presentations.
- Skype works across multiple devices such as PCs, laptops, smartphones, and tablets.
- Sound Quality Is Based On Bandwidth: If you have slow-speed internet, then there will be a major effect on your call.
- You can connect with users over skype from different countries, but there is no way to fill in a communication gap if there are language differences.
- Skype is not as safe as other software for video conferencing solutions.
Instant messengers have revolutionized communication and corporate messengers play a crucial role at any workplace with more than one location.
Slack is one of the best communication platforms that integrates group chats, direct messages, and third-party apps to create the ultimate experience. However, there are some plugins for third parties but their functionality is very limited.
- Stop losing things in an email: Slack can replace email, text messaging, and IM with one app.
- Share documents and files with some or all of your team members (written, image, or video).
- Create a pleasant community space accessible by your staff, whether or not they’re in the office.
- Allows chat backup for 14 days.
- When you send files through Slack rather than email, it can be frustrating because you only get as much storage as you choose to pay for as a company. Hence, Slack deletes files over time.
- It can be a distraction: If you’re not careful, you can easily get into every discussion.
Troop Messenger is a team chat software that keeps communication and collaboration within the teams either they work inside the office or work from home. With Troop Messenger, you can send or receive text, files, images, media, and other important data seamlessly.
- You can send a single message to multiple users and groups at once.
- Search filters help you find groups, text, images, videos, and more in just one go.
- You can add more participants to the ongoing group call.
- You might experience some loading problems.
- Chat area filters are hidden.
- The preview of text files will take much time to open.
Today’s technology has streamlined the recruiting process for recruiting managers. With such technologies, you can easily conduct interviews, coding assessment tests, schedule interviews, screen candidates, etc.
Intervue is a remote tech interview software that enables collaboration between HRs and Engineers to accelerate tech hiring. Features like live coding editor, playback and team notes. It's a one stop shop solution that helps in screening, interviewing and decision making stages of tech recruitment.
- Easy to use
- Built for collaboration between candidate, interviewer and all stakeholders
- Better Pricing
Breezy HR is a tool that allows recruiters to hire effectively without any confusion and misunderstandings. With this web-based software, you can communicate with teammates and mention them. Additionally, it offers automatization of emails and SMS and interview management systems that boosts the recruitment processes as well.
- Simple to use interface
- Easy to post new job openings
- Best to manage schedules
- More expensive than other tools
- Constant technical problems
- The system is not intuitive
To sum it up, hiring and managing a development team is challenging, but it’s also an opportunity. You can write well-crafted APIs, to document everything, to make sure you keep team communications focused.
However, it’s important to invest in the above-mentioned tools to enhance the continuity of an organization. These tools will help you to increase productivity, organize teams and tasks, schedule interviews, conducting coding tests, and more.